Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back to Reality


So today I came back to the real world and actually did some work at the hospital. I will summarize the day in list format.

1. I was asked if my Bar Mitzvah was coming up (an attending physician commenting on my age/how old I look/how Jewish I look?).

2. I was asked if I went to college or if I went straight to medical school. This lovely patient got my attention to ask me that question by yelling "Yo, Doogie!"

3. I put my surgical mask on upside down and inside out when entering the operating room. They let me stay because I told them I was on a field trip.

4. I almost passed out.

5. I saw the wrath of a nurse as he proceeded to scream at someone because he hadn't had his 30 minute break. I italicized the word "he" just to send LeighAnn into a fury.

6. I worked my first 11 hour day. Completely over-rated. I think I will stay in school...indefinitely.

No comments: